WHY CHOOSE WOOD?
Heating Choices > Wood
- Wood is a renewable energy resource. Renewable means you don’t run out. Renewable means you don’t deplete the earth’s resources. Wood is energy from the sun, stored by the tree as it grows. When you burn wood you are releasing this stored energy. In the dark of winter, it’s like having a bit of summer sun on your hearth.
- You’re in charge. Stop writing checks every month to the energy utilities. Take control by heating with wood. In our climate, staying warm is right up there on the list of the most important things in life. Do you really want to leave something so important in the hands of a faceless corporation?
- No more freezing in the dark. The big, centralized energy sources are not very reliable. When a storm interrupts the electrical supply, all the conventional heating systems are useless; the fancy heat pump falls silent, the gas furnace can’t work. But the wood stove or fireplace keeps you warm and cozy and safe.
- Warms you like no other. The radiant heat from a stove or fireplace is like the rays of the sun. It warms you through and through. Come in from the storm and stand near the fire rubbing your hands together. It’s one of life’s small pleasures.
- The romance of the flame. Sure it’s a cliché, but that doesn’t make it any less true. The soft glow of the fire is the favorite setting for an intimate conversation. It’s the place where friends and family gather to talk and laugh in comfort.
- Raise your energy I.Q. Flick the switch, turn up the thermostat. Now, what did that cost? What impact did it have on the natural world? You’re in touch when you heat with wood. That arm load will last the day. That log you placed on the fire is a tangible measure of the cost to the environment of keeping your family warm.
Information from woodheat.org.
Click Here for our wood products selection.